Pudding cake with strawberries and rhubarb: We simply cannot go through the rhubarb season without having a take on the inevitable “rhubarb / strawberry combo” dessert, these two are really made for each other! If you’re looking for a fresh and fruity cake to end your meal or accompany your tea, this is for you, and it’s really not complicated.
Ingredients list for the pudding cake with strawberries and rhubarb
Serves 6-8 :
- 1 2/3 lbs (750 g) rhubarb
- 1/2 lb (250 g) strawberries
- 1 1/4 cup (250 g) brown sugar
- 5 eggs
- 2 cups (200 g) flour
- 3 1/2 oz (100 g) butter
- 1 pint (1/2 liter) of milk
- 1 vanilla pod
- 1 oz (25g) butter
- 1 pinch of salt
1. Boil the milk with the vanilla pod, cut in half. Leave to infuse.
2. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C).
3. Butter a baking dish.
4. Peel and cut the rhubarb into small pieces and make them caramelize them for 5 minutes in a pan with 1/2 cup (100g) of brown sugar and a tablespoon of water.
5. Wash and hull the strawberries and arrange the whole buttered dish with rhubarb.
6. In a bowl, break the eggs and add the melted butter, remaining sugar and a pinch of salt, mix thoroughly, then add the flour and warm milk without vanilla.
7. Whisk again slowly and gently.
8. Pour over fruit into the dish.
9. Bake for one hour. Your strawberry and rhubarb pudding is ready!
- If you have a little rhubarb left, know that it is also excellent raw. Just cut into pieces and dip it in sugar…
- Any strawberries left? Melt some chocolate in a bain-marie. Dip strawberries in melted chocolate and serve once the chocolate has hardened. Here’s a wonderful recipes: chocolate dipped strawberries with pistachios.
(Photo Marie Verveine Peach)