Today we will look at an original way to enjoy lentil soup. You’ll love it because it’s very easy to do! This red lentils soup recipe tastes subtly spicy and is rich in dietary fiber which good for your shape line. The good thing is that even if it’s a light dish, it’s still very comforting and satisfying because it’s high in fiber and vegetable protein.
As a general rule and whatever their color, don’t rinse lentils nor soak them before cooking because it can encourage fermentation.
As we won’t blend the soup for this recipe, if you want a smoother result, you can follow the recipe given here.
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) of red lentils
- 2 onions
- 1 large carrot & tomatoes
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 / 2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 litter of defatted broth or 1 cube stock
Preparation: Red Lentil Soup
1. Cut an onion in half and made it slightly burn in a skillet.
2. In the bottom of a casserole, saute an onion cut without any fat.
3. Add the tomatoes, cut into squares and carrots and a little water.
4. Let stew.
5. Add the onion slightly burned in the preparation.
6. Add the lentils and half the cilantro and mix.
7. Add the broth diluted in 1 liter of water and finish with the spices.
8. When cooked, add the cumin, ginger and remaining cilantro.
- Spices can be stored, such as oils, protected from light.
- Important: Do not add salt at 3 / 4 quarter of the cooking, it prevents hardening of the hull of your lentils. This advice also applies to the chickpeas, beans …
- To add another source of omega 3, you can eat this soup along with mackerel fillets. Mackerel is an inexpensive fish and often forgotten. Its flesh is delicate and subtle, so watch the cooking!
- You can also buy what are called Lisette, small mackerel that come from the English Channel.
Got any extra words of advice you would like to add to this red Lentils Soup recipe? Or any suggestion?
Headline photo by rgs
Article illustrations by eat well 101