This small lentils soup with lemongrass is so comforting by this cold and gray weather… I don’t know about you but I feel like it gives me comfort and reload the batteries with good things for the mind and body. Will you let yourself be tempted by this little soup???
Ingredients list: red lentil soup recipe
For 4-6 persons
- 2 stalk of lemongrass
- 4 tablespoons olive oil + a bit of olive oil for the service
- 2/3 lb (300g) lentils
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 3 1/3 cups (80 cl) of coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups (60 cl) chicken stock
- 2 handfuls of leeks sprouts (you can use any other sprouts)
- Salt and pepper
1. Slit the lemongrass in half lengthwise.
2. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil then add the lentils, the lemongrass and ginger. Stir in for 2 minutes.
3. Cover with coconut milk and chicken stock. Bring to a boil then reduce heat to simmer for 25 minutes.
4. Blend the preparation using a food processor or a blender until you get a smooth purée. Add salt and pepper.
5. Filter the soup with a Chinese strainer (the lemongrass does not they mix very well)
6. Divide the soup into small bowls / glasses. Sprinkle with leeks sprouts. Drizzle with olive oil. Serve your red lentils soup!
Read more: video, how to make pumpkin soup