Prep time: 10 mins
Baking time: 10 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Ingredients list for the Parmesan Puff Stars
- 1 puff pastry sheet (get the recipe here)
- 1 egg
- 5 tablespoons (50g) grated parmesan cheese
- Chopped chives and salt, for garnish
1. Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Roll out the puff pastry sheet onto a floured surface. Use a star shaped cookie cutter to cut out individual pastry stars and place half of them them on the baking sheet. Add parmesan cheese and top with another puff pastry star. Using the beaten egg, apply a thin layer of egg wash to the top of each pastry star. You can sprinkle a little cheese on top if you want.
3. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes, until the stars are puffed and golden. Sprinkle with chopped chives and a pinch of salt. Serve immediately or keep in an airtight container for up to 2 days.