Learn how to make a Mustard Vinaigrette sauce, Few minutes to make the mustard vinaigrette sauce. Just choose the right ingredients and have the appropriate gestures.
Although easy to perform, a classic vinaigrette demand a judicious mix of an healthy dose of salt, vinegar, oil and pepper. To make a mustard vinaigrette sauce, it is necessary to add the final ingredient but with a moderate amount.
With a little practice it becomes easy to dose each ingredient, and even change the composition of the recipe. Thus, the substituents can be used to enhance oil or sauce with other condiments.
The basic recipe for a mustard dressing
This dressing is often used to flavor a salad. However, it can just as easily be used to accompany meat dishes, fish or vegetables. In most cases, to enhance the flavor of the dishes, you can add a little mustard. This condiment, vinegar that already in its initial preparation, in addition to enhance the taste, gives a yellowish color to the vinaigrette sauce.
The essential ingredients A mustard vinaigrette requires:
- vinegar in a quantity representing a third of the amount of oil used,
- one tablespoon of mustard,
Note the importance of oil quality. Peanut oil may be acceptable as well as canola oil, but a preparation with olive oil still provides a very valuable choice.
The preparation of the Mustard Vinaigrette Sauce
To prepare the mustard vinaigrette sauce, it requires a large bowl and a whisk or a vessel sealing. A jar with a screw lid is ideal. The implementation stages are:
- Place the salt in the bottom of the jar,
- Put the mustard,
- Pour the vinegar,
- Close the lid,
- Shake the jar until the total dissolution of the salt,
- Add a little oil and pepper and shake again
- Repeat the process until the entire amount of oil and pepper set,
- Stop to obtain a homogeneous solution.
In case you do not have jar, it suffices to use a whisk to mix the sauce in a bowl. The preparation of this sauce should not take more than 5 minutes and keep it, it should be put in the refrigerator. Properly refrigerated, the sauce, ready to be served, may be kept for one week.
Tips for improving the mustard dressing
- To sweeten a strong sour taste, the equivalent of a sugar cube can be added to the mixture. In addition, slices of hard boiled egg sliced incorporated into the sauce can give more depth to the vinaigrette, become soft. Otherwise, it is possible to add yogurt and light mayonnaise in the same proportion to dispense the oil.
- More light, the cream can be used for dressing. Similarly, one can immediately try a traditional recipe without vinegar replacing it with a citrus juice (orange, lemon or grapefruit) to accompany a salad of duck or chicken. To diversify the taste of spinach leaves, we can incorporate the grated hard cheese like Parmesan.
- It will be the same for a salad of raw vegetables such as cabbage. Finally, we can add finely chopped onions, crushed garlic, tarragon … Otherwise, we will also incorporate herbs and other spices. — Also Read: Veal Stew recipe