Veal Stew Recipe a recipe in the old-fashoned and classic but so good and so easy to do. No more excuses for the conduct as well as your grandmother or the mother of your husband. This dish literally cooks alone. The ideal accompaniment is rice and Paris mushrooms.”
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking: 1 h 30 to 2 pm
Ingredients For veal stew recipe
for 6 people
1 kg of veal from the shoulder, brisket, hock
1 large onion
1 lemon untreated
60 g butter
60 g flour
2 egg yolks,
1 dl cream
Preparation of ingredients For veal stew recipe
- Cut the meat into large pieces.
- Peel the onion and prick it with cloves.
- Peel the carrots.
- Put the meat in a casserole, cover well with cold water and bring to a boil, skim and add a large onion stuck with cloves and cut into 4 and 2 sliced carrots and zest of one lemon untreated.
- Scent cooking water with thyme and bay leaf, or sage, a little salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low heat 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Towards the end of cooking, prepare a roux with 1 l of broth and let simmer 10 minutes.
- In a bowl, mix 2 egg yolks, a little cream (1 dl) and the lemon juice, a little grated nutmeg.
- Drain the pieces of veal and put them in a serving dish.
- Add to sauce the contents of the bowl, mix well and pour over meat.
Wine suggestion: red Bordeaux Supérieur or Graves, red Loire, Chablis, Vouvray. — Also Read: Fresh Corn with Sea scallop Salad