This cilantro lime grilled chicken is a wonderful option for a quick dinner on a busy evening. Brightened with lime juice and served with a cilantro yogurt sauce, this is definitely one of the easiest and most delicious ways to prepare grilled chicken. So easy and so tasty!
Ingredients list for the grilled chicken
- 3 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 3 or 4 limes
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Olive Oil
- Cayenne or Chili Powder, to taste
- 1 coffee spoon tandoori masala
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 coffeespoon honey
- 1 yogurt
- Salt and pepper
1. Collect the zest and juice of one lime. Then juice two more limes. Cut the last one into wedges for garnish.
2. In a shallow dish, combine chicken pieces with garlic, honey, olive oil, cumin, tandoori blend, black pepper and chili powder. Drizzle with lime juice and marinate for 10 minutes.
3. Meanwhile put yogurt, cilantro, salt and pepper in food processor and pulse until combined. Set the sauce aside.
4. Pour a little olive oil into a large skillet or saute pan. Heat over medium high heat until it’s very hot and fry a pinch of black pepper and tandoori spices until fragrant, not burning. Add the chicken and cook without stirring, this will keep the chicken moist.
5. Once the chicken is browned nicely on the bottom and will easily let go of the pan, turn the chicken pieces and cook another couple of minutes to brown evenly. Reduce the heat to medium low and add lime zest. Stir and cook a bit more but be careful not to burn the garlic.
6. Once the chicken is cooked through, deglaze with the lime juice and stir well. Skewer the chicken and transfer to a platter and sprinkle with cilantro and sauce, garnish with lime wedges.
More delighting chicken recipes ideas
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Strawberries
- Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Baked Tandoori Chicken
- Garlic Skillet Chicken
- Quick Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- One-Pan Cajun Chicken with Potatoes
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Roasted Harissa Chicken Breasts
- Baked Garlic Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic Chicken Roulades
- Chicken Breasts & Asparagus Foil Packets
- Braised Chicken with Caramelized Onions