Here’s a home prepared mousse for a family tasting. The chocolate mousse is a preparation containing – of course – chocolate and is consumed as it is for dessert. Used in patisserie, the mousse serves as a trim element of various cakes, stuffed pastries or biscuits.
To diversify the taste, different flavors such as raspberry, orange or pear extracts are added to the preparations. Liqueurs such as kirsch are also recommended. Chocolate chips or beautiful raspberries can decorate it when it is served in cups.
Level of difficulty : Easy
Preparation: 20 min
Baking : 1 min
Resting time: 2 hours
Ingredients for a nice chocolate mousse
for 4 persons
- 3 eggs,
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 60 grams of butter,
- ½ teaspoon of lemon juice,
- a pinch of salt,
- sour cream and
- 120 grams of chocolate squares – of course –
Prepare chocolate mousse
- Put chocolate pieces previously cut in a casserole and melt, making sure to keep a very low heat.
- During the operation, the content must be stirred periodically with a spatula to keep the cast homogenous.
- Remove from heat and continue to stir until all the content is completely melted.
- Then add the butter and mix thoroughly so as to have a chocolate with a shiny and smooth texture.
- Put the two egg yolks while continuing to mix and cool the mixture.
- In the meantime, take 3 egg whites and whisk until stiff and add a pinch of salt.
- A mixer allows a quick whipping and the addition of lemon juice to the mixture prevents the formation of grains.
- Add the powdered sugar to obtain a firm white and shiny mixture.
- The chocolate will be easier to incorporate and more streamlined if you adds 2 tablespoons of beaten egg white until stiff.
- The preparation of the foam ends with the incorporation of this chocolate with remaining egg white snow. Mix well with delicacy.
- Finally, spread the chocolate mousse into individual cups and chill for 2 hours.
Tips for a successful chocolate mousse
Choosing a quality chocolate is an essential criterion for a successful recipe. The water bath can replace the fire to melt the chocolate. The proportions of the ingredients must be observed to have a good creamy mousse.
Using a flexible spatula facilitates the incorporation of chocolate by a rotational movement while lifting the weight. The goal is to aerate the mousse and avoid crushing the whipped cream or egg whites. Whipped egg white is ready if it forms grooves and attaches to the whisk.
For a stronger flavor, the incorporation of two tablespoons of strong coffee is recommended.
Discover some variations of chocolate mousse
A so-called creamy chocolate mousse is prepared with the basic ingredients to which are added whole milk and cream. Milk and cream will be boiled together before being mixed into the melted chocolate. This preparation is used as a pastry topping.
The recipe for chocolate mousse with egg white as it is quite simple enough to use as an ingredient of dark chocolate, sugar and egg whites. The chocolate mousse is prepared with tempered butter by lightly whipping foam.
The chocolate mousse is eaten after being put in the fridge for two hours in advance to get a bit firmer. The mousse keeps up to two days in the refrigerator.