Here is a subtle variation around the classic pumpkin soup in video.
Ingredient list for the pumpkin soup
- 1 quarter of a pumpkin
- A chicken cube stock (or 2 pints of your homemade chicken stock)
- 2 tbsp potato starch or cornstarch diluted in 1/2 glass of water
- 3 1/3 ounces (100g) butter
- Salt and pepper
- 5 tbsp liquid cream
- 1 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 big onion
- A bit of grated nutmeg
- Parsley or cilantro
1. Peel the pumpkin
2. Cut the pumpkin flesh into regular dices
3. Prepare 2 pints of chicken stock
4. Put the pumpkin dices in a saucepan or a pot and cover with the stock.
5. Add a tablespoon of sugar.
6. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 45 minutes.
7. Check the doneness: the tip of your knife must pick a pumpkin cube easily.
8. Mix the whole mixture with your hand blender.
9. If you need a thicker consistency, your can add 2 tbsp of potato or corn starch that you have diluted in 1/2 glass of water.
10. Add the cream and butter, then whisk vigorously.
11. Add salt and pepper.
12. Just before serving: flavor the soup with parsley, cilantro or nutmeg… It’s up to your choice!
Read also: roasted potatoes with cajun spice mix
Eric J. Brandy