Summer Salad with Roast Beef : cooking during summer is not always a pleasure as we need to be inventive in our perpetual quest for freshness! Here is a simple and delicious salad accompanied by cold beef cuts, tomatoes, cucumber and fresh herbs to withstand excessive heat! This light all-in-one meal allows you take a nap without feeling heavy afterward. There’s nothing complicated in this simple recipe, but just a healthy choice of ingredients for a fragrant salad.
Ingredients list for this Fresh Roast Beef Salad recipe
- 2/3 lb (300 g) cold roast beef
- 3 1/2 ounces (100 g) of salad
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh coriander
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh mint
- 2 small tomatoes
- 1 medium carrot
- 1/2 shallot
- 1/2 cucumber
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove of garlic
- 3 1/3 tbsp (5 cl) of lemon juice
- 3 1/3 tbsp (5 cl) Nuoc Mam sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon granulated sugar
1. Wash the salad, wring and cut if necessary.
2. Cut the tomatoes into quarters and then into slices. Refresh cilantro under cold water and then chop it.
3. Chop the mint.
4. Prepare a dressing by mixing the olive oil and garlic cloves, finely chopped. Add the lemon juice, the fish sauce and sugar. Mixing until the consistency is homogenous.
5. Peel and finely chop the shallots.
6. Wash and seed the cucumber. Cut into small pieces.
7. Cut the cold roast beef into thin slices. Divide salad, tomatoes, shallots, chopped mint and cucumber on plates and place on the sliced roast beef.
8. Garnish with coriander leaves and a bit of grated carrot.
(Photo by Marie Verveine Peach)