The salad dressing is one of the key element in every day cooking. I’m sure you know some recipes by heart since it accompanies all our summer dishes: salads, raw vegetables, steamed fish and vegetables, and more. If you want to expand your skills and possibilities, here’s 8 fantastic ways to make your salad dressings for this summer!
1. Mustard and parsley vinaigrette: 1 tbsp of mustard, 3 tbsp. tablespoon sherry vinegar, 6 tbsp oil, salt, pepper, 1 tsp chopped parsley.
2. Japanese cabbage salad vinaigrette: 1 tablespoon mayonnaise, 6 tablespoons rice vinegar, 1 dash of sesame oil.
3. Orange dressing: 1 part orange juice, 1 part sherry vinegar, 1 part olive oil, 1 part sunflower oil or rapeseed oil, salt, pepper.
4. Walnut oil vinaigrette: 2 tbsp Banyuls vinegar, 1 tsp balsamic vinegar, 2 tbsp olive oil, 4 tbsp walnut oil, salt and pepper.
5. Avocado dressing: 1 crushed ripe avocado, the juice of 2 lemons, 2 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp walnut oil, 1 dash of balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper.
6. Pesto vinaigrette: 7 ounces (200g) cottage cheese, 3 tablespoons pesto, juice of 1/2 lemons, salt and pepper.
7. Roasted peppers salad dressing: The juice of roasted peppers (to collect by opening and draining), 3 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp mild vinegar, salt, pepper, chopped garlic.
8. Yoghurt dressing: Use natural Bulgarian yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and herbs. You can also use a lighter cottage cheese…