These greek chicken meal prep bowls with greek sauce and cucumber salad make an inexpensive and well-balanced lunch option for the office or on campus. Devoting a bit of extra time on Sunday will make for four effortless eats for the week!
Ingredients list for the greek chicken meal prep bowls
- 2 lbs (1kg) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- 3 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/3 cup (80ml) plain Greek yogurt
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 seedless cucumbers, peeled and sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 cup (240ml) plain Greek yogurt
- 1 seedless cucumber, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 tablespoon dill
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 1/2 (750g) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, sliced
1. In a large bowl, combine olive oil, garlic, lemon juice, oregano, greek yogurt, salt and pepper. Dice chicken breasts and transfer into the bowl and massage to coat well with the marinade. Cover and marinate for at least 20 minutes.
2. Drain the chicken from the marinade. In a skillet, heat some olive oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken, stirring from time to time, approximately 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, make cucumber salad by slicing the cucumbers, and tossing in a bowl with the lemon juice, olive oil, garlic, and oregano. Set aside.
4. To make the Greek sauce: combine the Greek yogurt, diced cucumber, garlic, dill weed, lemon juice, lemon zest in a small bowl; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate the cucumber salad and the sauce while assembling your bowls.
5. When ready, divide cooked rice between meal prep containers. Halve cherry tomatoes and divide amongst the containers along with red onion slices.
6. Top with chicken, cucumber salad, and a tablespoon Greek sauce. Keep for up to 5 days in airtight container and serve cold. Enjoy! ♡