Here’s a satisfying side dish that will make you forget all about the main course! These crisp tender potatoes smothered in melted butter, garlic, Parmesan cheese and seasoned with fragrant herbs take the best of two worlds: Sweet and yellow potatoes. They will enhance your grilled meats, roasted poultry, and will be delicious on their own for a gourmet brunch.
Ingredients list for the baked potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 large yellow potato
- 1 medium red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves
1. Preheat your oven to 425°F (210°C). Rinse and cut potatoes in 1/4-inch slices. Proceed same way with onion. Line up potatoes and onion alternately in a greased baking pan.
2. In a bowl, combine melted butter, olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper, parmesan and minced garlic. Brush the mixture generously over the potato and onion rows. Transfer to the oven and bake for 1 hour, until fork tender and a bit crispy on the edges. Serve hot, with a sprinkle of fresh parsley and additional parmesan on top.
Note: You can adjust quantities depending on the size of your potatoes and your baking dish. Try to match potatoes and onion with the same diameter.