For a healthy all-in-one dinner you can make any time in the week, this garlic butter fish in parchment takes a few minutes to prepare and requires minimal clean-up. Cooking in parchment paper pouches enhances the flavors of spices, crisp vegetables and the garlicky butter sauce. The scent is divine when you open the packets, yum!
Ingredients list for the garlic butter fish in parchment
- 4 white fish fillets (here we used whiting fish, but any type of white fish will do it)
- 2 zucchini, cut in sticks
- 2-3 medium carrots, cut in sticks
- ¼ cup butter
- 4 large cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and cracked pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- Chili pepper flakes (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low-medium heat. Add garlic and lemon juice and whisk until the mixture is well combined. Allow to cool down then add cilantro, salt, pepper, and chili flakes.
2. Cut out four squares of parchment, about 12 inches long and wide. Place vegetable sticks in the center and add a piece of fish on top. Spread with the butter sauce. Sprinkle with a little salt, pepper, and additional chili flakes if you want.
3. Fold parchment as follows: left side over the fish to the right, then the right side over to the left, so they overlap. Fold the top and bottom ends underneath to make a loose packet. Place the packets on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, depending on your oven.
4. Carefully open the packets, transfer to plates drizzling the drippings on top and serve at once; or simply enjoy directly in the parchment packets!
Notes: You can substitute many kinds of fish filets for the whiting fish, such as cod, sea bass, snapper or tilapia. Be creative!