Making a fruit salad can be as simple as preparing one or more different fruits and tossing them in a bowl. Marrying strawberries together with lemon verbena in a fruit salad is a perfect match. The mingling of flavors that comes from the fresh fruit and herbs makes it perfect for a hot spring or summer day, or a refreshing dessert that everyone will love.
Ingredients list for the Strawberry Salad
Serves 2 :
- 1/2 pound (250g) organic strawberries
- 3 tablespoons (40g) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125ml) of water
- 1 medium lemon verbena branch
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. First prepare the syrup: Pour sugar and water into a heavy saucepan.
2. Bring to a boil and cook the syrup for 3 minutes, then remove from heat.
3. Add the branch of lemon verbena and steep until the syrup is completely cooled.
4. Briefly wash strawberries under cold water and pat dry with a paper towel.
5. Hull the strawberries and cut into medium size pieces.
6. divide strawberries in cups (or glasses). Remove the branch of lemon verbena and pour the cold syrup over the strawberries.
7. Refrigerate at least 2 hours. Enjoy fresh.