The perfect fresh and tasty side for your weekend cookouts—your friends and family will love this pineapple salsa recipe. It’s amazing on top of pan seared chicken or grilled salmon but you can also serve it as a salad or appetizer with crisp crackers or tortilla chips.
Ingredients list for the pineapple salsa and its chips
- 1 ripe pineapple
- 2 tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 2 red onions, finely chopped
- 1 handful cilantro, chopped
The tortilla chips
- Wheat tortillas
- Sesame seeds
- Poppy seeds
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Make round tortilla cut outs with a cookie cutter. Brush tortilla discs with honey and sprinkle with sesame seeds and poppy seeds. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes, or until golden and crispy.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut the pineapple in half. Cut a border just inside the rind, then cube the insides. Using a spoon, scoop out the pineapple flesh and cut into mall cubes.
3. Combine pineapple with onion, tomato and cilantro in a large bowl, then transfer to the pineapple boats. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow blending of the flavors and juices. Serve with the tortilla chips.