We’re all about diving into the latest cookbooks but sometimes it can be time (and budget) consuming to scan every new releases and make a choice. With that in mind, we curated these six gorgeous tomes for the cooking enthusiast, ranging in topic from healthy cooking to Thai food to baking to cooking basics. Happy reading!
Easy Gourmet: Awesome Recipes Anyone Can Cook
Easy Gourmet is the first cookbook of Stephanie Le, the creator behind the popular I Am A Food Blog. After being awarded by Saveur magazine and featured on BonAppetit.com, Food and Wine and many more, she shares with us her gorgeous mouth-watering photography, strong friendly voice, and incredibly delicious recipes in this easy-to-follow cookbook that belongs in every kitchen.
- Who is it for: Easy Gourmet is designed with the busy cook in mind with simple, yet unique, creative dishes.
- What’s in: You’ll find simple, uncomplicated recipes for preparing everyday gourmet meals with beautiful photos from the author herself. Most of the dishes only require a very few ingredients you can easily find for cheap in your neighborhood grocery store.
Get the book at Amazon.
Picture Cook: See. Make. Eat.
No more four pages long, complicated recipes! With Picture Cook, your cooking instructions just got boiled down to the basics. Media designer Katie Shelly offers a collection of fifty-seven recipes that completely re-invents the recipe format, rendering each recipe as a flowchart-like illustration that uses a minimum of words.
- Who is it for: This fun cookbook is designed for those who have no idea how to cook and anyone who wants to start learning.
- What’s in: Each recipe is illustrated with clean and adorable line drawings make for an easy to understand visual tour of creating the dish. From easy staples like pesto to crafting a full lasagna dinner, this book will make creating delicious food easier than ever.
Find Picture Cook: See. Make. Eat. on Amazon.
Pok Pok: Food and Stories from the Streets, Homes, and Roadside Restaurants of Thailand
Andy Ricker, the chef and owner of the wildly popular Pok Pok restaurants, brings authentic Thai cooking in our kitchens with this dense and richly illustrated cookbook.
- Who is it for: With thorough descriptions and paying attention to every small details, Andy Ricker’s rigorous approach to replicating Thai cuisine can be a bit challenging to a cooking beginner. However, intermediate home cooks will find easily their way though these recipes. This book will make the perfect gift for asian cuisine amateurs.
- What’s in: Ricker shares seventy of the most popular recipes from Thailand and his Pok Pok restaurants accompanied with thoughtful, colorful comments about Ricker’s travels and experiences, vibrant culture, and deliciousness of Thai food. Each recipe also has a flavor profile section that tells you what flavors to expect, and what other dishes in the book pairs with it.
Get the book on Amazon.
The Baking Bible
The latest and certainly most comprehensive baking book yet from “diva of desserts” Rose Levy Beranbaum. The Baking Bible is a massive anthology of recipes to satisfy your baking needs.
- Who is it for: Avid bakers, amateurs and beginners alike will devour this reference cookbook. This is a great gift for anyone who enjoys baking!
- What’s in: Expect a short course to Pastry and Baking diploma! Everything is covered: recipes, golden rules, special tips and trouble shooting.. you don’t need to go to school if you have this book!
Get The Baking Bible at Amazon.
The Blender Girl Cookbook: Super-Easy, Super-Healthy Meals, Snacks, Desserts, and Drinks
This inspired cookbook marks the debut cookbook from the powerhouse blogger behind theblendergirl.com. Tess Masters blends up great-tasting recipes that make it easy to eat well, detoxify, and rebalance.
- Who it is for: If you’re looking for healthy, convenient meals without all the processed stuff and sugar, this is the book for you.
- What’s in: Don’t be misguided by the title, this great book is not a smoothie book, but rather a guide to make mouthwatering, healthy recipes using a blender. Featuring over one hundred gluten-free, vegan recipes, The Blender Girl Cookbook shares also helpful tips on health advice, and much more.
Find it on Amazon.
The Skinnytaste Cookbook; Light On Calories, Big On Flavor
When it comes to easy, low-calorie and flavorful recipes, Gina Homolka’s blog Skinnytaste is one of the number ones go-to site. Packed with heathy recipes with easy-to-find, all-natural ingredients, this debut cookbook is an incredible resource of fulfilling, joy-inducing meals that every home cook will love.
- Who is it for: This book is designed for the home cooks who want to turn to a healthier diet, without losing all the flavor.
- What’s in: From breakfast to main course and desserts, the 150 beautifully illustrated recipes are painless to prepare and miraculously low-calorie. The detailed nutritional information for every recipe is a great addition.
Get The Skinnytaste Cookbook on Amazon.