Ingredients list for Cocoa Pancakes recipe
For a dozen pancakes:
- 2 1/2 cups (250g) flour
- 2 1/2 cups (60 cl) of milk
- 3 eggs
- 5 heaped tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder (about 75 g)
- 2 tablespoons oil or melted butter 30 gr
- 3 big tbsp (40g) of brown sugar
- 4 tbsp of vanilla sugar
- A pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of the flavoring of your choice (orange blossom for me)
1. Sift the cocoa with the flour, and then add the salt and sugar. Mix well.
2. Make a well in the flour, break the eggs and add oil or melted butter. Stir gradually, adding milk to get a smooth paste at the end.
3. Scent your dough with the aroma of your choice (orange blossom, amber rum, Cointreau, Grand Marnier… depending on your taste).
4. Let your dough rest for 1 to 2 hours then cook your pancakes in a lightly buttered pan.
Tip: If you find your dough a little too thick, add a little milk.