Stuffed Breakfast Bell Peppers—Make the most important meal of the day more exciting. These stuffed peppers with tuna and eggs, baked in the oven, make for a delicious and nutritious breakfast.
Ingredients list for the Breakfast Tuna Stuffed Peppers
- 3 sweet bell peppers, red, orange or yellow
- 1 tuna can
- 3 tomatoes, peeled and diced (or 1 can tomato flesh)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 5 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Cut peppers in half and remove ribs and seeds. Cut one half of the peppers in small cubes.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium high heat, add olive oil. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. Add garlic and sauté for 2-3 minutes before adding tomato an thyme and cook for another 3 minutes. Crumble tuna into the sauce and cook for 3 minutes more. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
4. Place peppers cut side up in a baking dish and divide the tuna mixture into each pepper, creating a hollow for egg. Bake peppers and tuna mixture for 15 minutes (or more, depending on the size of peppers). Cover with a foil or parchment pepper to avoid burning the peppers. Remove from oven.
5. Carefully break an egg and pour into each pepper taking care not to overflow egg. Repeat until each pepper is filled.
6. Season with fresh cracked black pepper and bake bell peppers for 15 minutes or until egg whites are set.