Camembert and apple tart. What better way to finish off your leftover cheese after a dinner party? These small tarts will fit perfectly as appetizers. You can enjoy them with a bowl of cold apple cider.
Preparation time: 15 min – Cooking time: 30 min – Cost: easy and affordable
Ingredient list for the camembert apple tart
- 1 roll of puff pastry
- 1 camembert cheese
- 2 tbsp pine nuts
- 1 handful of arugula
- 2 apples
- Olive oil
- Ground pepper
1. Preheat oven to 390°f (200°c)
2. Using a mandolin slicer or a sharp knife, cut your two apples into very thin strips.
3. Cut the camembert into slices 1/5 inch (5 mm) thick.
4. Roll out the puff pastry, hem and pinch the edge, and prick the bottom with a fork.
5. Cover with apple slices then add the arugula, slices of camembert and pine nuts.
6. Top with ground pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
7. Bake for 30 minutes in the oven
(Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)