Ingredients: Chorizo Risotto Recipe
- 1 1/4 Cups (250 g) Arborio rice
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 onions
- 8 buttons mushrooms
- 2 pts (1 liter) of chicken broth (made with your chicken leftovers or 2 bouillon cubes)
- 20 slices of chorizo
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 / 2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 / 2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 bay leaf
- Black pepper
- A pinch of sage
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
1. Heat the olive oil in a nonstick skillet and sauté the onion with diced peppers and 4 mushrooms. After 5 minutes, add the sliced chorizo and minced garlic and continue cooking for 5 minutes. Pour the rice and stir well to coat all the grains.
2. Add a ladle of chicken stock and let the rice absorb it before adding a second and then the rest of the broth and bay leaf. Cook over low heat and stir regularly until there is no liquid anymore.
3. Sprinkle the risotto with spices: paprika, turmeric, black pepper, a pinch of sage. These create a sunny Spanish perfume in this risotto that has really nothing Italian anymore!
Stir and serve immediately.