If you’re looking for an easy and healthy recipe for lunch or dinner, I suggest you to try this salmon quiche. With a fresh and smoky taste, this quiche will be perfect with an arugula salad dressed with extra virgin olive oil, a few drops of lime and salt. This crowd pleasing recipe is simply delicious provided you don’t overcook the quiche so salmon stays moist.
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 20 to 25 minutes
Ingredients: Salmons Quiche Recipe
Serves 6 persons:
- 1/2 lb (250g) fresh salmon
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 slices of smoked salmon
- 1 cup (25cl) milk
- 1 cup (25cl) cream
- espelette chili pepper (optional)
- 3/4 cup (80g) gratted cheese (prefer a hard cooked paste like Comté or try with some old cheddar)
- A bunch of cilantro
For the pastry shell:
- 2 1/2 cup (250g) flour
- 1/2 cup (125g) softened butter
- 2 pinches of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp of water
Preparation steps for the salmon quiche
The tart shell:
Preheat your oven to 360°F (180°F).
1. Cut the softened butter into small cubes.
2. In a bowl, mix with your fingertips the flour, salt and butter.
3. Add the egg yolk and water, mix without overworking the dough.
4. Roll the dough in plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator for half an hour so it loses its elasticity.
5. Lightly flour the work plan. Roll out the dough, place it in a 10 inches (26cm) tart pan. Prick the bottom with a fork. Cover it with foil.
6. Blind bake the tart shell for about 20 minutes at 360°F (180°c).
The quiche filling:
1. Cut fresh salmon into small cubes and smoked salmon into thin strips.
2. Grate the cheese and chop cilantro.
3. Mix the eggs, yolks, milk and cream. Salt (3 pinches) and add 2 pinches of Espelette pepper, and cilantro.
4. Divide the fresh salmon and smoked salmon on the pastry, pour the batter and then bake at 360°F (180°c). After 10 minutes of cooking, add grated cheese on top, then bake the quiche for about 15 minutes more.
This quiche should not be served too hot but warm as all ingredient can express their taste.