Looking for a cool and crowd pleasing recipe idea? Today, we propose a slight variation around the famous potato pancakes recipe. Decorated with dill, cream and smoked salmon, these grated potato pancakes are a bit more sophisticated and can accompany any dish in the evening with a good spinach salad.
Ingredient list for potato pancakes with smoked salmon
For the pancakes:
- 2 lbs (1 kg) potatoes
- 2 spring onions
- Olive oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 ounce (35g) of flour
- Salt and pepper
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
For the garnish:
- 6 thin slices of smoked salmon
- A few sprigs of dill
- 1 cup (200ml) of cream
1. In a bowl, mix sour cream and dill. Add salt and pepper.
2. Grate the potatoes and onions using a food processor, squeeze to remove excess water. In a large bowl, toss potatoes with onions, egg and flour. Stir well. Add salt and pepper.
3. Heat oil in a medium skillet. Form small patties with the grated potato and fry them on both sides. They should be crisp and golden.
4. Repeat as many times as needed (you should get about 12 patties)
5. Place a potato pancake on each plate, top with smoked salmon and a spoonful of dill cream, then put another pancake topped with smoked salmon and the cream preparation. Finish by topping with the third potato pancake and a spoon of cream.
6. Serve these delicious potato pancakes with smoked salmon!