One-pan cajun chicken with potatoes, a simple and delicious dinner idea the whole family will love. Just toss everything in the baking dish with seasoning & roast to absolute crisp perfection!
Ingredients list One-Pan Cajun Chicken
- 3 chicken legs (3 tighs + 3 drumsticks)
- 4 large potatoes, cut in quarters or halves
- 2 small red onions, cut in quarters
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Cajun spice mix
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 chicken bouillon cube, crumbled
- 3-4 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 scallion
1. Rinse the chicken under running water and pat dry with paper towel.
2. Add chicken, potatoes, garlic to a rimmed baking pan and sprinkle with salt, ground pepper, crumbled bouillon cube and cajun spice mix. Drizzle with olive oil and toss everything to coat well. Marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes. Meanwhile preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
3. Place in the oven to mid-low level and bake for 25 minutes. Add red onions then lower the oven to 350°F (180°C) and bake for 25 minutes more. Check for doneness, if the potatoes and chicken thighs are soft and easily pierced with a fork, they are ready. If the chicken and vegetables have not browned up as much as you would like, just broil for 5 minutes, watching carefully not to burn the chicken.
4. Remove from the oven and serve right away in the baking dish, sprinkled with chopped scallion.