You’re sure to make this garlicky chicken a regular in your household. Crisp-tender chicken, garlic, onion, tomato, and thyme are all braised in a single skillet for a dinner that’s as impressive and elegant as it is easy.
Ingredients list for the garlic chicken
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 garlic head (8 to 10 cloves garlic, unpeeled)
- 1 onion, minced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. Score the chicken thighs skin side with a sharp knife. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
2. Heat olive oil over medium high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear both sides until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes per side; set aside.
3. Add onion and garlic to the skillet and cook, stirring frequently, until golden brown, about 3-4 minutes. Stir in tomato and cook for 3-4 minutes, then add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add chicken thighs back to the skillet and sprinkle with thyme. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until chicken is cooked through, about 25-30 minutes. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper. Serve immediately over white rice, bulgur, or quinoa.
More delighting chicken recipes ideas
- Grilled Chicken Skewers with Strawberries
- Spicy Baked Chicken Tenders
- Baked Tandoori Chicken
- Garlic Skillet Chicken
- Quick Cilantro Lime Grilled Chicken
- Roasted Chicken Leg Quarters
- One-Pan Cajun Chicken
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Roasted Harissa Chicken Breasts
- Baked Garlic Chicken Wings
- Baked Garlic Chicken Roulades
- Chicken Breasts & Asparagus Foil Packets
- Braised Chicken with Caramelized Onions