Grilled Caprese Eggplants!!! Ideal for aperitif with friends, this fairly unique eggplant recipe uses the typical produce of summer: tomato and eggplant! This recipe is incredibly easy to make and is a real crowd pleaser.
Preparation: 10 minutes (+ 1/2 hour wait to drain the eggplant)
Cook: 15 min
Ingredients list for Grilled Caprese Eggplants
Serves 6 to 8
- 2 eggplants, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped fine (or tomato tapenade)
- Mozzarella ball cut into thin slices
- Fresh rosemary
1. Cut the eggplant into slices and place them in a covered drainer with salt (this removes the bitterness). Let them rest for 30 minutes, then wash well to remove salt. Dry them well. Place the eggplant slices in a hot pan with a drizzle of oil and fry for a few minutes on both sides.
2. Place the eggplant slices on a baking sheet, top with sun-dried tomato, add Mozzarella and roast for a few minutes, until cheese is melted… Be generous with the cheese! Serve hot on a bed of sprouted seeds.