You will appreciate these crunchy cookies with a good dessert or coffee. They are not really difficult to make, as only baking and shaping request a specific attention. The almond tiles are best preserved in airtight containers.
Ingredients list for the almond tiles cookies
For 6 persons:
- 1 1/2 cup (125 g) ground almonds
- 3/4 cup (150 g) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup (50 g) of slivered almonds
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
Preheat oven to 270°F (130°C), gas mark 4.
- In a bowl, mix thoroughly the ground almonds, cornstarch, sugar and 1 egg white.
- When the mixture is creamy, add egg yolk first, then the egg white.
- The dough should be soft enough to spread out easily.
- Butter a baking sheet or cover it with baking paper. A silicon baking mat is also a good option.
- Place small spoonfuls of dough on the baking sheet, let flatten and sprinkle with slivered almonds.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- At the exit of the oven when they are still warm, put the almond tiles on a rolling pin to give them this characteristic round shape.