There’s nothing better than whipping up salads on a hot summers day. This eggplant salad is definitely what you need if you’re looking for a fresh and healthy lunch. Try this salad, wrapped in a soft, warm pita bread with a dollop of hummus, I bet the result is divine! Of course you can enjoy this summer lunch as is; eggplant, parsley and cilantro just blend perfectly together. So if you have a couple of eggplants waiting for a simple new recipe, this one will make you a great dinner tomorrow!
Ingredient list for the eggplant salad recipe
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 medium tomato or a small can of crushed tomatoes
- 1 clove of garlic
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Olive oil
- Ground cumin
- Salt & Pepper
- Fresh parsley and cilantro
- Some purple olives
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Wrap the eggplant in foil and bake it in your oven at 390°F (200°C) for about 20 minutes, it should be soft when you prick it.
2. Let the eggplant cool a bit before unwrapping. Peel the eggplant and drain by pressing a little with the hand, then cut it into cubes.
3. Put eggplant cubes in a pan with 1 tbsp olive oil, the seeded and diced tomato. Add spices and chopped garlic. Cook for about 15 minutes over medium heat.
4. Keep crushing the pieces of eggplant while cooking, until complete evaporation of water. Stir occasionally. Pour the lemon juice. Let cool completely before serving.
5. Right before dinner time, top the eggplant salad with chopped parsley, coriander and olives. Serve chilled.