Ingredient list for Wine Chicken Stew
Serves: 6 -8
- 8 pieces of chicken (wings, legs, breasts, back… or a whole chicken that you’ll cut)
- 3 onions
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup (25 cl) of vegetable or chicken stock (here is how to make your own stock)
- 1 bottle (75 cl) of red wine
- Thyme, parsley, bay leaves
- 5 mushrooms
- 4 carrots
- 5 1/3 ounces (150g) of bacon
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1 tablespoon of concentrated tomato paste
- 1 dash of olive oil
Baked Four Cheese Garlic Spaghetti Squash
1. Fry the chicken pieces in a casserole or skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Set aside when golden brown.
2. Wash the pot or use another pan and sauté chopped onions in a little olive oil.
3. Add the chicken, bacon and three cloves of crushed garlic. Add a tablespoon of flour, stir the meat to coat with flour. Salt and pepper.
4. Add broth, red wine, sliced mushrooms, carrots (peeled and cut into sticks), chopped parsley. Add herbs and a spoon of tomato paste (you can mix it in a little broth before).
5. Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
6. Remove the lid and cook for about 30 minutes. Cook over higher fire for the last 20 minutes. The sauce should reduce to concentrate the flavors.
7. Serve with rice, pasta or mashed potatoes. Sprinkle with chopped parsley before serving.
- Use a good quality wine, the dish will be even better.
- As with stews, it is better when reheated over and over. So prepare the dish the night before: let the sauce catch on a little bit and deglaze before reheating.
Read also: Apples and walnuts tart