With little fuss and enormous flavor, transform your regular appetizers with a simple yet creative twist on a classic sardine spread. Packed with colorful dried tomatoes and a fragrant mix of herbs and garlic, serve these delicious low-fat toasts along with a drink for a guilt-free tasting experience with a sunny mediterranean flair.
Ingredients list for the tomato and sardine toasts
For 20 toasts:
- 3 cans of sardines in olive oil
- 1 Greek yoghurt
- 1 french baguette or country bread
- Thyme, oregano, rosemary (fresh or dried)
- 1 clove of garlic
- A handful of dried tomatoes
1. Mash sardines and combine with Greek yogurt, crushed garlic, and herbs. You can mash the sardine bones with flesh as they are brittle and totally edible.
2. Spread the mixture on slices of toasted bread, and top with dried tomatoes. It’s ready!
More sardine spred recipes: