Chocolate chip cookies… Here’s a craving staple that returns regularly on our table at tea time. These cookies are soft and crisp at the same time … You know you’ve succeeded when you can enjoy the warm yet melty chocolate under the crisp crust. Just follow these steps!
Ingredients list for the chocolate chip cookies
- 5 1/3 ounces (150g) of dark chocolate
- 4 1/2 ounces (125g) salted butter
- 1/3 (50g) white granulated sugar
- 2/5 cup (75g) of brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 cups (175g) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Remove the butter from the refrigerator so that it is soft when you start the recipe. Preheat your oven to 360°f (180°c). Place the chocolate on a cutting board. Cut each chocolate square into 4, using a sharp knife.
2. Pour sugar into a bowl and add the butter. Mix with an electric mixer until creamy. Add the egg and mix. Add the flour and baking powder. Mix again until you get a soft dough. Stir in the chocolate and mix again.
3. Make pieces of dough the size of a large walnut with a large spoon (or an ice cream scoop) and place them on a baking sheet. Space them well because they will spread out.
4. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies must be blond, slightly browned on the edges but still soft. Let cool for 1 minute. Remove them from the baking sheet with a spatula and let cool on a rack.
Tip: Let the dough rest for 30 minutes in the fridge before cooking, your chocolate chips cookies will be better.