The ingredients for almost all banana breads making are pretty much the same from recipe to recipe: flour, leavening (baking powder, baking soda, or yeast), water (or other liquid), salt, banana pulp and sometimes fat or other ingredients for added flavor. Ideal for a snack when it is very cold outside, here’s a banana bread which is rich with a soft texture.
As in other recipes, this bananas bread is easy enough for a complete beginner.
Ingredients lists for Walnuts Banana Bread recipe
Time: 20 minutes preparation + 50 minutes cooking
- 1 1/3 tbsp (20cl) of walnut oil
- 1 cup (200g) caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 ripe bananas and crushed
- 2 3/4 cups (280g) flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tablespoons of milk
- 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces (60g) of crushed walnut
Banana bread cooking instruction
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C) for 10 minutes.
2. Butter and flour a loaf pan.
3. Beat the walnut oil and sugar with a hand mixer.
4. Add eggs and mashed bananas. Whisk vigorously.
5. Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
6. Pour the mixture in.
7. Pour the milk, yogurt, and vanilla extract.
8. Whisk vigorously, then add the crushed nuts
9. Stir one last time and pour into the mold.
Bake the banana bread for 50 minutes. Check for doneness with the blade of a sharp knife: when the blade comes clean and dry, the banana bread is done.
Let cool and unmold.
Banana bread Variations
Whole Wheat Banana Bread: Substitute ½ cup whole wheat flour for ½ cup of the all-purpose flour.
6 Substitutions for Walnuts
- Chopped pecans
- Chopped almonds
- Dried cranberries
- Unsweetened shredded coconut
Banana bread is perfect with overripe fruit you wouldn’t dream of eating out of hand. The darker and softer—and the more brown spots—the better
What is your favorite Banana bread recipe? Please share your variations in the comments.
Don’t miss: Fava Beans Salad