Finger licking crisp chicken wings baked to perfection served alongside an incredibly flavorful dipping sauce that everyone will love!
Ingredient list for the baked chicken wings
- 4 pounds (1.8kg) chicken wings, cut in half at the joint
- 8 garlic cloves, not peeled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
The instant marinade
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 1/2 bouillon cube
- 1 coffee spoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon 5 spices blend (or black pepper)
- 1 tablespoon Cajun spices blend (optional)
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1 coffee spoon granulated sugar
The dipping sauce
- 1/3 cup fresh red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 fresh tomato, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Black pepper, to taste
1. Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).
2. Lightly oil two baking sheets and divide chicken wings between them, season with salt.
3. Place in the oven and bake until deep golden brown and cooked through—about 25 minutes—rotating sheets and flipping chicken half way through.
4. meanwhile prepare the dipping sauce: combine red pepper, tomato, and salt in the bowl of a food processor until emulsified; set aside.
5. While chicken wings are cooking, combine all the ingredients for the marinade in a large bowl and mix well.
6. When chicken wings are cooked, transfer to the bowl with marinade and mix thoroughly to coat.
7. Return chicken wings to a baking sheet, add garlic cloves, red onion and bake until set, about 10 minutes more. Allow to cool and sprinkle with fresh cilantro before serving along with the dipping sauce.