Chewy and delicious, these incredibly flavorful almond meal cookies feature only 4 ingredients and are gluten free and dairy free. Nutty almonds make a crisp crust while the inside is totally melting, thanks to applesauce that acts as a shortener. A real treat for kids and adults alike, to imperatively enjoy with a cup of coffee!
Ingredients list for the Chewy Almond Meal Cookies
- 1 1/3 cups (110g) almond meal
- A large tablespoon (15g) unsweetened applesauce
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup (90g) brown sugar
Balsamic, Honey Roasted Cabbage Steaks
1. Put the almond meal and sugar into a bowl and combine with the egg white, and applesauce.
2. Put the batter onto cling film and wrap it into a sausage shape. Set aside in the fridge for a couple of hours.
3. Cut the sausage into slices 1/3 inch (1cm) thick.
4. Arrange on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven, preheated at 360°F (180°C), for 6 minutes. Turn the tray 180 degrees to bake evenly for another 6 minutes. Almond meal cookies should be nicely golden.