When it comes to breakfast, options are endless. Eggs and bacon? Pancakes or waffles? Granola ? So why not expand our possibilities and try something new? Here’s a protein-packed quinoa breakfast bowl with a touch of tart sweetness from a fresh strawberry sauce, a drizzle of honey and crunchy walnuts. This healthy breakfast bowl will help you to start your day off right and feel satisfied until lunchtime.
Ingredients list for the Strawberry and Quinoa Smoothie Bowl
- 2 cups (500ml) 2% milk (or 2% plain yogurt)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup strawberries, halved
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1 tablespoon honey
Super-Fudgy Double Chocolate Brownie
1. In a large glass measuring cup, whisk together milk and cinnamon.
2. Scoop the quinoa evenly into your serving bowls.
3. Serve immediately with the milk mixture, topped with blueberries, walnuts and a drizzle of honey.