These roasted cherry tomatoes and prosciutto toasts are a quick and easy way to please your guests at any spring or summer event. Juicy cherry tomatoes are almost candied in the oven and team up with savory prosciutto for an appetizer everyone will love.
Ingredients list for the roasted cherry tomato and prosciutto toasts
- 1 large baguette or other rustic white bread cut into 12 slices
- Cream cheese (or ricotta)
- 1 ½ cup cherry tomatoes (count 2 per toast)
- 12 thin slices of prosciutto (or capicola)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons good quality olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh or dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon bown sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar, sugar and thyme in a bowl. Arrange cherry tomatoes in a small baking dish and pour the vinaigrette over. Season with salt and pepper. Toss the tomatoes to coat well and roast in the oven at 360°F (180°C) for 20 minutes.
2. Toast the bread slices and spread them with a good amount of cream cheese. Cover with a prosciutto slice, then arrange two roasted tomatoes on top. Drizzle with a bit of remaining roasting vinaigrette. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.