Rhubarb and Strawberries sauce
This homemade rhubarb and strawberry sauce is quick and easy to do. You can eat it with yogurt in the morning, as it fills the small stomach of the morning. Ideal to finish a meal accompanied by an ice ball too.
I propose to make a sauce of strawberries and rhubarb, the association is delicious and refreshing at the end of the dinner. The recipe is great because it can be kept sweet taste of strawberries and rhubarb compote should not be a jam . Do not forget the orange juice after cooking and vanilla ice cream for fun. So let’s learn how to cook this fruit sauce right now!
- 1lb (500g) Rhubarb
- 1lb (500g) Strawberries
- 1 cup (150g) Sugar Cane
- 1 vanilla pod
- The juice from one orange
- 1/2 vanilla ice cream ball
Cooking Instructions: How To Make Stewed Rhubarb with Fresh Strawberries
1. Wash and peel the rhubarb, cut into 1/3 inch sections.
2. Pour the rhubarb in a saucepan with the sugar and let drain for 20 minutes.
3. Split and scrape the vanilla bean and add all the rhubarb.
4. Wash the strawberries, hull them, and cut strawberries into quarters.
5. Put the rhubarb over low heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
6. Add strawberries and cook for 10 minutes.
7. Squeeze an orange and pour the juice after cooking.
8. Clear the jam in a bowl and allow to cool before putting it in the fridge to serve very cold with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
So did you try this stewed rhubarb and strawberries sauce recipe?
Inspiration recipe by chef Gaston in Lyon France
- 4-quart saucepan made of 18/10 stainless steel
- Cast-stainless-steel handle stays cool to the touch
- Secure-fitting stainless-steel lid helps trap heat, moisture, and nutrients
- Dishwasher-safe; oven-safe up to 550°F; broiler-safe