These crisp pickled radishes make a delicious condiment to welcome Spring. They are super easy to make and brighten up everything from salads, bruschetta, sandwiches and even grilled meat and fish.
Ingredients list for the pickled radishes
- A bunch of radishes
- 1/2 cup (125ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125ml) apple cider vinegar (or white wine vinegar, or rice vinegar)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 coffee spoon salt
- 1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- a coffee spoon peppercorn
1. Slice off the tops and bottoms of the radishes, then use a sharp knife or mandoline slicer to slice the radishes into thin rounds. Pack the rounds into a canning jar and top with garlic and peppercorns.
2. In a saucepan, combine water, vinegar, salt and honey. Heat the mixture without boiling, until honey is dissolved. Pour the mixture over the radishes and close the lid.
3. Let the mixture cool to room temperature. You can serve the pickles immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to 10 days.