This mashed potatoes recipe with oysters can be a surprise for your guests and a great moment of happiness taste. Corsican Oysters are amongst the most famous in the world, althought the French Atlantic coast Oysters from Charente are more commonly found. Prefer small and tasty potatoes like Charlottes, their taste is slighly sweet and will delicately accomodate with the precious flavour of oysters.
Preparation time: 30 minutes.
Cooking time: 20 minutes.
Ingredients Oysters with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 500 grams of charlottes premiere potatoes ,
- 12 oysters No. 1 or No. 2,
- 5 spring onions,
- 2 shallots,
- 1 bunch of parsley,
- 1 dl olive oil,
- 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- Salt or Fleur de Sel,
- Black pepper from the mill.
Preparation Oysters with Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- Peel and wash the potatoes, cook 20 minutes in salted water.
- Open the oysters, remove them from their shells, place them on a towel, chop roughly.
- Express the lemon juice.
- Prepare the vinaigrette with olive oil, lemon juice and curry.
- Wash, dry and peel off the parsley, peel the spring onions, cut into thin wedges, peel and chop the shallots.
- Mash the potatoes with a fork, incorporating the three quarters of the dressing, add the spring onions, shallots and gently chopped oysters.
- Pour into four soup plates. Sprinkle with a dash of vinaigrette.
Wine suggestion: Serve with a glass of white wine or rosé.
The combination of Oysters and Mashed potatoes and wine makes this dish a perfect starter for an outside lunch in the garden, or an elegant starter for your chrismas evening diner. We hope you’ll give a try to this recipe and enjoy. Bon appetit!
What’s your favorite Oysters recipe? Please leave your comments below!