Perfect for a Holiday appetizer idea! The simple and delightful combination of tzatziki and shrimp is sweetened with a hint of mango. You can prep your ingredients ahead of time, but wait to assemble these delicate shrimp bites appetizers at the very last minute.
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 5 mins
Ingredients list for the shrimp bites
Makes 6 bites, feel free to double or triple quantities:
- 6 raw shrimps, peeled and deveined
- 6 shrimp flavored chips
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled cucumber + for garnish, diced but not peeled
- 1/2 mango, diced
- Juice of one lime
- 1 small chili pepper, sliced (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh cilantro, for garnish
1. Cook shrimp in boiling salted water for 3-5 minutes, until cooked. Drain and set aside
2. In the bowl of a blender, combine the yogurt, chopped cucumber, lime juice, mango, salt and pepper. Pulse until your get a smooth sauce. Adjust seasoning if necessary.
3. Assembly: Put a small dollop of sauce on each chips and top with shrimp. Add another dollop of mango tzatziki on top of the shrimp and garnish with unpeeled cucumber cubes, chili and cilantro. Keep refrigerated until serving.