These fresh strawberry crostini with honey and balsamic are a quick, easy appetizer, perfect for any occasion this summer!
Serves: 8-10 slices
Ingredients list for the strawberry crostini
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup ricotta (or any cream cheese)
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 1 French baguette or similar artisan country bread, cut in ½ inch thick slices (8-10 slices)
- 2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar (I used MiaBella – you can buy it on Amazon here)
- 1/4 cup honey
- Salt and pepper to taste
Oven Baked Mashed Potato Cakes
1. Cut strawberries into slices. Set aside. In a small mixing bowl combine ricotta, basil and chives. Stir to combine thoroughly then Set aside.
2. Toast bread using in a toaster or under the broiler of your oven (or on the grill if you like), until golden brown.
3. Assemble crostini by layering each piece of toast with the herbed cheese and sliced strawberries. Add a drizzle of honey and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Garnish with snipped chives and chopped basil before serving. Enjoy!