A quick and easy scallop recipe with ras-el-hanout spices. This simple dish is very tasty thanks to the fine spices. In addition, I wanted to put a bit of sun in this recipe by adding limes! The “vinaigrette” is a honey-based sauce that will perfectly marry with the subtle fragrance and texture of scallops.
Preparation time: 20 minutes – Cooking time: 4 minutes (or less depending on the size of the scallops you will sear)
Cost: sea scallops are a bit expensive but really worth it in this recipe
Ingredient list for the fried scallops recipe
For 4 people:
- 20 scallops
- 1 tbsp ras-el-hanout (I count a little more for a stronger scent)
For the vinaigrette
- 2/3 ounce (20 g) of honey
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 orange zest
- 1 sprig of lemon thyme
- Salt and pepper
1. For the dressing: put the honey in a small saucepan and cook until it has the color and consistency of caramel. Then pour the lemon juice and remove from heat. Add orange zests cut into thin strips, thyme and olive oil. Season.
2. Salt and pepper the scallops and coat them with ras-el-hanout.
3. Heat a non-stick frying pan without adding fat. Sear the scallops over high heat. Once colored, flip them and cook over medium heat for 2 minutes.
4. Dress the seared scallops on plates and drizzle with the honey vinaigrette dressing.
So what do you thin of this easy scallops recipe?
( Photo by Eleonora Grosjean)