Chocolate lava cake recipe
There are desserts that I cannot resist to and which I’m never tired of. The chocolate lava cake is one of them. The only drawbacks of this molten chocolate cake is that it cannot stand to wait (and therefore may not be very practical to serve) and must be made with a high quality chocolate at risk of losing all his interest! Once you experience this irresistible sweet chocolate
sauce cake, I’m sure you you will succumb! Taste it with a spoon first, then eat the envelope!
Ingredients list: chocolate lava cake recipe
- 7 ounces (200g) butter
- 7 ounces (200g) of chocolate
- 5 1/2 ounces (160g) of icing sugar
- 1 2/3 cup (160g) flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
Cooking instructions: molten chocolate cake
1. In a saucepan, place the chocolate and butter and melt over low heat. I encourage to do so with a double boiler. Once the mixture is melted, remove from heat.
2. In a bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs. Add the flour and yeast, then gently mix before adding the melted chocolate and butter to finally get a smooth paste. Pour into small buttered molds and place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
3. Preheat oven to 360°F (180°c, gas mark 6). Once the oven is hot bake for 8 minutes and serve immediately.
Though the chocolate lava cake is a “restaurant staple”, it’s not made at home very often, which is a real shame, because it’s so easy to do! You have to serve it immediately, though, so I suggest you prepare the batter and pour it into the molds in advance so the cakes can rise and bake as you eat. Serve with whipped cream or a softened ice cream.
Read also: Mini apple upside down cakes