We simply cannot boast enough about the benefits and virtues of soup… Here’s a fruity yet savory carrot and orange soup to warm your evening dinners. For a little more substantial meal, nothing prevents you to serve with toasted slices of country bread , crispy bacon or ham slices.
Ingredients list for the Orange Carrot Soup
For 4 persons:
- 6 carrots (about 1/2 lb – 500 g)
- 2 oranges
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 cm fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 small bunch of coriander
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 tbsp sour cream
1. Peel the carrots, cut them into pieces, dip them in boiling salted water. Cook for 5 minutes, then drain.
2. Press 2 oranges. Peel the garlic and chop it. Peel the ginger and grate it finely: it should make a teaspoon full.
3. Heat the olive oil in a heavy bottomed pan and sauté the garlic, turmeric, ginger and half the cumin for 1 minute over medium heat.
4. Add carrots and orange juice. Cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover and cook for 10 to 15 minutes.
5. With the residual heat from the stove, fry remaining cumin seeds in a pan, dry them up for 1 min. Wash cilantro, squeeze it and chop the leaves with a knife.
6. Pour the contents of the pan into your blender jar (or use a hand blender). Is the soup is too thick, complete with a little mineral water.
7. Warm the soup a few minutes if it’s necessary. Check the seasoning. Ladle soup into plates, sprinkle with grilled cumin seeds and cilantro. Place a spoonful of cream in the middle then serve immediately.
So what do you think of this carrot and orange soup?