Beet, orange and mozzarella salad — If you’re looking for an original idea for lunch, this fragrant and refreshing salad is definitely what you need. The orange/beet pair tastes wonderfully and the beet-mozzarella tandem guarantee the sweeter side of this colored salad. Add some toasted sesame on top for a nutty flavor and you get the perfect crowd pleaser for lunchtime!
Ingredients list for the roasted beet salad
- 2 oranges
- 2 cooked beets
- 1 ball of mozzarella di bufala
- Sesame seeds
- A little milk
- Olive oil
- White wine vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Prepare oranges: cut the orange supremes — the fruit flesh without the membranes — following this technique.
2. Slice beets, wash and drain arugula leaves.
3. Make the vinaigrette dressing: mix olive oil with a little white wine vinegar, salt and pepper.
4. Make thick slices of mozzarella, dip them into milk then coat them with a mixture of olive oil, sesame seeds and cornmeal. Sear quickly the cheese slices in a hot skillet, to make the sesame seeds color.
5. Arrange orange supremes, beet slices, arugula in a plate. Place mozzarella slices on top and serve.
Note: If you are a sesame-addict, sprinkle some more toasted sesame seeds, over the salad