With the return of Holiday season and its big feasts, fresh and light things are often more than welcomed to keep room for the main highlights of the dinner. Deliciously refreshing and full of flavor, this avocado tartare is the perfect appetizer to start a Holiday meal and impress your guests. The combination of the sweetness of avocado, nuts and seafood makes it beyond great! Serve it to your family with a good slice of toasted bread or crackers. It’s so easy to make, you really can’t go wrong making it!
Ingredients list for the Avocado Tartare with Crayfish
- 3/4 oz (20g) pistachios
- 3/4 oz (20g) almonds
- 3/4 oz (20g) pine nuts
- 2 ripe avocados
- 12 shelled boiled crayfish tails
- 1 teaspoon pistachio paste
- The juice of half a lime
- Salad leaves
- 2 ½ inch ring mold for shaping the dish
1. Chop the nuts, sliver the almonds and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mash the avocado with a fork, add lime juice, chopped nuts (just keep a teaspoon for decoration), pistachio paste, salt and pepper, mix everything.
3. Spread the avocado mixture in a flat container (the layer shouldn’t excess 1 inch) and freeze for 30-40 minutes.
4. Punch out guacamole discs with the help of your ring mold or cookie cutter. You can also fill your shapes with flaked frozen guacamole, then un-mold.
5. Transfer the guacamole cut outs on plates and top with 3 crayfish tails each. Add dill and salad leaves. Decorate your plates crushed nuts and slivered almonds. Serve with crackers or slices of toasted bread on the side.
Tip: You can also fill glasses with this preparation, if this sounds more easy to achieve.
(Photo: Anne Desplancke)