These small crisp almond biscotti are delicious and very simple to make! As their name indicates, you’ll need to bake them twice to obtain this specific crunchiness.
Ingredients list for almond biscotti
- 2 cups (200g) flour
- 2 csp of baking powder
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 pinches of salt
- 2 medium eggs
- 2 3/4 ounces (80g) whole almonds
1. Preheat your oven to 300°F (150°C).
2. Spread the almonds on a baking sheet and toast them for 15 minutes.
3. Let cool slightly and chop them coarsely.
4. Increase the oven temperature to 360°F (180°C).
5. Mix the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt in a bowl.
6. Add eggs and mix with a spatula. Then work the dough on a floured worktop and form a ball with your hands by incorporating almonds.
7. Shape two regular rolls with dough and place them on a baking sheet.
8. Bake for about 15 minutes, until they get blond.
9. Let cool for 5 minutes on wire rack.
10. Lower oven temperature again to 300°F(150°C).
11. Place the “sausages” on a board and cut into slices about 2/3 inch (1.5 cm) thick with a bread knife.
12. Put them on the baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes, turning halfway through baking.
13. Let cool on a rack then book in pretty boxes to offer these almonds biscotti to your family and friends… unless you cannot resist!
Don’t miss this Thanksgiving lemon tart recipe!