Make the most of rhubarb’s tart flavor with this gingery, pale pink mocktail. It’s easy to scale up, making it perfect for a brunch or as a signature drink.
Ingredients list for the rhubarb and ginger soda
- 4 stalks fresh rhubarb, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup (200g) granulated sugar
- 2 cups (1/2l) water
- Sparkling water
- Ice cubes
1. Add rhubarb, ginger, sugar and water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered, until the rhubarb is soft. Let sit for 30 minutes off the heat, time to cool down.
2. Pass the rhubarb mixture through a fine-mesh strainer, pressing on the solids and transfer into a bottle. Refrigerate until chilled.
3. Combine sparkling water with syrup to taste. Serve over ice with a few slices of fresh ginger.