Here is a new recipe for 4 spice cookies! 4 spices mix is a mix of black or white pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. We will replace pepper with ground ginger instead.
The easiest way to shape the cookies is to refrigerate the dough shaped like a log and slice off cookies before baking. Logs of dough aussi are convenient for freezing, and they don’t need to thaw before slicing and baking. You can make the dough days ahead and bake whenever you get the need.
Ingredients: Spice Cookies
For about 17 cookies:
- 1 1/4 cup (120g) of flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 ounces (60g) salted butter
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp mixed 4 spices (ground ginger, nutmeg, clove, cinnamon)
- 1 tbsp sodium bicarbonate
Whole Roasted Cauliflower With Butter Sauce
1. Mix the sugar with the egg yolks, then add the honey. In another bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, spices then incorporate the previous preparation.
2. Mix well and add the softened butter (not melted!) gradually. Work the dough until you form a ball.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let stand 1 hour in the refrigerator. Once the time is over, work the dough a little to soften and spread it on a floured work plan, about 4 mm with a rolling pin.
4. Shape the cookies then punch them the size you want with a cookie cutter.
6. Remove them out of the oven and let them cool on a grid. They are perfect with coffee or tea!
A little extra something:
- You can cover one half of the cookie with dark or white chocolate icing.
- For very hungry you can put some nutella on your spice cookies… but I didn’t tell you anything!
Read also: normandy chicken stew