Roasted acorn squash soup—Acorn squash is roasted then blended with onion, curry, and cinnamon to create a healthy and nourishing soup. Top the acorn squash curry soup with toasted bread and crisp mushrooms for a heartwarming dinner.
Ingredients list for the Roasted Acorn Squash Soup
- 3 medium-sized acorn squash, halved and seeded
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 to 3 cups (500 to 750 ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter or vegetable oil
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
One-Pan Cajun Chicken
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C). Arrange the halved squash on a baking sheet and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.
2. Heat oil or butter in a pot placed over medium-high heat. Sauté the onions and curry powder until onions are soft.
3. Scoop out the flesh of the squash with a spoon, then add to the pot. Add stock and cinnamon, reduce to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes.
5. Using an immersion blender (best option) or a food processor (proceed by batches), blend the soup until you get the desired texture. Return to the pot over low heat, adjust seasoning if necessary.
6. Fry the sliced mushrooms in a skillet with few drops of vegetable oil or butter.
7. Divide soup into bowls, top with a slice of toasted bread and arrange mushrooms on top. Serve immediately, sprinkled with fresh cracked black pepper.